SUPERINTENDENT's STUDENT AWARD RECOGNITION PROGRAM
The Student Award Certificate, along with a Folder and Gold Seal, may be purchased by downloading the order form and returning it with your check to CAPSS. Alternatively, you may email Dio Markopoulos to have her send you an invoice that you can pay with a credit card.
The CAPSS Superintendent's Student Award Recognition Program is designed to be a meaningful superintendent-to-student link, and to provide positive public awareness of the role of the local and chief school administrator.
Some suggestions for presenting the Superintendent's Student Recognition Award:
- American Education Week in November
- In conjunction with several other Superintendents in your CAPSS area group
- At a general school assembly
- At a Board of Education meeting
- At a luncheon or dinner arranged for recipients and their parents
- At a reception especially designed for the awards presentation at the Town Hall or Mayor’s office
- At a parent/teacher meeting
- At a press conference for the recipients
The CAPSS Superintendent's Student Award Recognition Program, formally approved by the CAPSS' Board of Directors, provides Superintendents with a means of aligning themselves with students in their local communities.
- The program is conducted by CAPSS and made available to local CAPSS' Superintendents who wish to participate. Each participating district bears the cost of the award certificate(s)
- Awards are based on: community service and service to others; academic prowess (relative to ability); and leadership service to the school community.
- The Superintendent's Student Award Recognition Program is designed to allow Superintendents to move beyond the academic achiever who routinely receives recognition, and to use their discretion and understanding of the students to reach a wider spectrum, not often, or perhaps never, considered as stars.
- This program is not confined to high school students but can be implemented in all schools, including school systems which do not have high schools.
- You may wish to make the presentation in conjunction with several other superintendents in your area group. CAPSS suggests that you work through the CAPSS' Area Chairs in this regard.