Innovation has always defined our survival as a species. | Our ability to adapt – our adaptability — is the sister of innovation. | The CAPSS' Innovation Committee is an evolving network of superintendents (Bethel, Bloomfield, Bolton, Branford, CREC, CCSU Teacher Leader Fellowship Program, Farmington, Granby, Guilford, Meriden, Shelton, South Windsor, Stamford, Wallingford, Windham and Woodbridge) focused on preparing our students for the challenges of the mid-to-late 21st Century in the context of innovation.
The CAPSS’ Innovation Committee will once again offer the Igniting Innovation Conference to share pioneering designs and strategies in education. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from visionary leaders and colleagues as they describe how they created imaginative and resourceful approaches that address current and emerging needs of learners.
Friday, March 8, 2019
More information to follow.
IGNITE TALK PROPOSAL SUBMISSION FORM
DUE JANUARY 25, 2019
Please complete the attached form below if you are interested in presenting an Innovative Ignite Talk at the March 8 Igniting Innovation Conference.
All submissions should be submitted to Terry Carroll (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than January 25, 2019.
Presenters present 20 slides, which automatically advance every 15 seconds. The total time for an Ignite Talk is 5 minutes.
Ignite Talk Criteria Chart
- Have fun and be creative!
- Focus on a topic that illustrates an innovative program, initiative or practice in your district
- The program, initiative or practice can be emerging or well developed
- The topic should reflect an adaptive challenge or adaptive change
- The innovation should relate to preparing our students for the future
Updated selection timeline for the Ignite Talk presentations
- January 25 (Date Extended): Ignite Proposals Must Be Submitted To email@example.com To Be Considered
- February 1: Selected Ignite Talks notified
- February 20: Selected Ignite Talk Presenters Submit their Ignite Talk Slide Presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 1: Finalize Ignite Talks by the beginning of March. Feedback provided to presenters by March 1